Wednesday, April 8, 2009

T Minus 1 Day

Here I am at the starting line, all excited and eager to begin. I anticipate this to be a wonderful journey and only hope that I'll be able to hold the course. My goal is to spend the next moon cycle, starting tomorrow until the next full moon on May 9th, doing what I am calling an Internal Spring Cleaning, i.e. detoxing myself from the inside out.

My intention is to spend the first ten days on a master cleanse with the remainder of the month following a juice feast. I've been spending the last five or six days trying out a lot of different juices, in addition to our normal diet of solid foods, attempting to prepare my body for what's coming. The difficult day was today, actually, when a birthday in the family caused an imbalanced diet of healthy juices and not-so-beneficial chocolate cupcakes.

This is the first time I've done any kind of temporary "diet". Yes, years ago, I made a lifestyle change and ate a high-protein/low-carb diet for a couple years (which my body LOVED, by the way), but at the time, that was meant to be a forever thing. This upcoming month is meant, from the outset, to be a short-lived experience in order to wipe the slate clean and give my body and mind a fresh start from which to continue on a cleaner, more organic path.

I, for one, am looking forward to this. Some of my goals for the following month are:
  • to reset my mental focusing abilities which seem to be short-circuiting lately
  • to release the physical and emotional toxins which I feel are dragging down my body and spirit
  • to increase my level of energy so that I can give my kids a run for their money
  • to trim down and firm up my physical body (I may be turning 40 this year, but I DON'T have to look it!)
Everything seems possible at this point!

1 comment:

Moxy Jane said...

I am going to live vicariously through you during this cleanse. It's something I researched about a year ago but never, ever followed through on. TOTALLY wimped out...so I'll be rooting you on!!